I promised you on Friday that I would write today with any further updates or information relating to the school’s move to guided home learning last week, as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK.
Here are key points for you to digest:
- Following the Department for Education’s announcement about how GCSE and A Level grades will be determined this summer in the light of Her Majesty’s Government’s cancellation of these examinations (details of this announcement are available at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/further-details-on-exams-and-grades-announced), over the weekend another document transpired, which is at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020. This gives some further information about the government’s approach and thinking. Once we know more about the specifics of what is being proposed, we shall be in touch with you and the girls affected with further detail.
- Mr Hinton, Second Master, has been in touch with relevant parents about the status of forthcoming residential trips.
- I understand that there was an issue with Firefly today across all GDST sites, for which I apologise. I understand that it is now resolved.
- I had reports that some Senior School girls were not up in time for the beginning of the school day. Please would you remind your daughters that we are following the structure of the usual school day, which includes girls checking in with their tutors at 8.25 am?
- Mr Mylne has written today to Prep Parents about matters specific to the Prep School.
- Finally, we are pleased to be supporting parents who are key workers who have no alternative to childcare other than to send their children to school. Please do see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision if you are unsure whether you are classified by Her Majesty’s Government as a key worker. If you would like to register with SCHS’s provision for key workers, which is running all this week until the end of term on Friday, please email the Director of Finance and Operations, Miss Alison Bullock (email@example.com) – full details of this service were sent by SchoolPost to all parents on Thursday 19 March.
I shall now be sending regular, rather than daily, updates before the end of term. In the meantime, many thanks indeed for your co-operation and support, which are so very greatly appreciated.
Dr Millan Sachania
Streatham & Clapham High School
London SW16 1AW