Sixth Form Admissions
Our Sixth-Form Centre gives you greater independence as you embark on the challenges of academic study at A Level, in which we hope you will continue to foster a love of learning for life and the confidence to think independently.
If you embrace your time in the Sixth Form in this way, you will have a hugely rewarding experience and will be ready for life at university and beyond.
Entry procedure and requirements for existing SCHS pupils
Girls in U5 (Year 11) of Streatham & Clapham High School are not required to submit an application form or submit a registration fee or deposit. During the course of the academic year, the Assistant Head Mistress (Sixth Form) will meet every U5 girl with her parents to discuss her route into the Sixth Form, her A Level options and aspirations beyond formal study.
In order to enter the Sixth Form, existing girls should achieve a minimum of 7 GCSEs awarded at grade 6 or above. These should include English and Mathematics. In subjects they intend to study at A Level, girls should achieve a minimum of an A or 7 in that subject. In the case of a subject being a ‘new’ subject (for example, Psychology and Economics) alternative grade requirements may be set in other subjects. Candidates for Economics should have competent mathematical skills (grade B/6 at GCSE).
Entry procedure and requirements for external candidates
We encourage and welcome applications from external candidates.
Before the school can consider any candidate for entry, the application form must be completed and submitted, together with:
- a non-refundable registration fee of £125 (£150 for overseas applicants)
- a current photograph
- a copy of her end-of-year 10 and latest Year 11 report with predicted GCSE grades (when available)
- a copy of her passport (or birth certificate if no passport is held)
Please complete the online Application Form, which should be submitted before Friday 20 November 2020 (Friday 13 November 2020 for any applications which indicate an interest in a bursary place or specialist scholarship application). Applications after this date may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For further information about admissions, please contact:
Mrs Janine Funsch, Registrar, Streatham & Clapham High School, 42 Abbotswood Road, London, SW16 1AW. Janine can be contacted on email@example.com or 020 8677 8400.
Places are awarded on one or more of the following criteria:
- A minimum of 6 GCSEs awarded at either A*, A or B, where grades are awarded or 9, 8, 7 or 6, where numbers are awarded. These should include English and Mathematics.
- A satisfactory reference from the applicant’s current school, indicating a good academic and personal record.
- Satisfactory interviews with the Assistant Head Mistress (who is the Head of Sixth Form), at which precise course options are discussed.
- A successful performance in an entrance-examination paper (not subject-specific).
Interviews and Entrance Exams
Applicants for 16+ entry will have individual interviews after the 16+ entrance examination.
All candidates sit the school’s entrance examination. Dates for the examinations for entry September 2021 is Monday 11th January 2021.