Preparation for university
We share unrivalled expertise in securing university places for our Sixth Form girls. Our support for UCAS applications includes:
- Intensive one-to-one help completing the UCAS application form
- Intensive and detailed guidance on writing a personal statement
- Personal statement mentoring from subject specialists
- Careers advice and access to careers conventions
- Speakers from universities and colleges
- Visits to UCAS conventions, universities and colleges
- An Oxbridge sand admissions test preparation programme
- Gap year advice and liaison with appropriate organisations
- Advice on university funding options
- Dedicated information evenings for overseas university applicants
- Specialist guidance for applications for Art Foundation courses, drama schools, conservatoires and any other non-UCAS institution.
Leavers of 2018-19 accepted places at the following universities: Bath, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Bristol UWE, Cardiff, Central St Martins, City, East Anglia, Imperial College, King’s College London, Liverpool, London Southbank, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham Trent, Oxford, Oxford Brookes, Queen Mary, Ravensbourne London, Sussex, UCL and York.
What else does our Sixth Form offer?
The wider Sixth Form experience includes:
Physical Education lessons, covering a variety of different sports
A life-skills course focused around preparing a student for the outside world (stress management, financial management, elements of citizenship and health education), delivered both by staff and visiting specialists.
An academic-skills course focused around preparing a student for university (critical thinking, how to give presentations, how to do research, how to create footnotes and references, etc).
The Head Master’s Lecture Series, which takes the form of a fortnightly guest speaker delivering a short speech, followed by a Q&A, to the whole Sixth Form. The speakers cover the academic spectrum, and we try to design a programme that caters to the interests of our students (and particularly the university applications of the Upper Sixth).