Guided Home Learning
Streatham & Clapham High School is committed to providing a safe environment for online learning. This commitment remains the same in the challenging circumstances brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak. During the period of Guided Home Learning our expectations of staff and pupils also remain the same, and the principles and practices of the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Online Safety Policy, and the GDST Social Media Policy, staff Code of Conduct and Acceptable Use Agreements for staff and pupils will continue to apply, both to existing and to any new online and distance-learning arrangements introduced. Staff and pupils must review these policies and ensure that they adhere to them at all times.
In order to ensure the safety and welfare of children during this period that pupils are engaging in guided home learning, the school will follow the Department for Education’s remote learning guidance:
Given the changes in circumstances to every-day teaching and learning practices, the guidelines in the attached document, an annex to our Online Safety Policy, will also apply. I should be most grateful if you would you read this document carefully (there is also a section for pupils to note):
Key Worker Provision
Please note that the advice is that the children of key workers should stay at home if at all possible.
Details of Provision
Site: Wavertree Road (Prep School) Wavertree Road, London SW2 3SR.
Tel: +44(0)20 8674 6912 (including Senior School pupils)
- Hours: 8.15 am to 3.30 pm (the school reception is open from 8 am; the reception telephone number is available from 8.30 am)
- Any urgent queries from 7.45 am to 8.30 am (or if the school reception is not available) should be directed to the duty mobile: 07802 657424
- Pupils should wear comfortable, casual clothing (uniform not required) and need to bring:
- Water bottles
- Packed lunch and snacks (containing NO NUTS of any kind: this is essential)
- Activity items for breaks and lunch if needed (books and games, rather than ‘on-screen’ recreation)
- Textbooks and other learning materials
- Reading books
- Coat (for outdoor activity)
- Senior pupils and older Prep pupils will undertake the guided learning tasks as if they were at home, through accessing Microsoft Teams/Firefly in our ICT centre. Younger pupils will be catered for separately and kept educationally occupied. They will have outdoor breaks/opportunity for outside play, and the opportunity for ‘down time’, as well as access to toilets. All venues have been deep cleaned today in preparation for these supervision arrangements
- Girls will be supervised by qualified teachers and teaching assistants, all in the present employment of SCHS/SCPS