Prep School — Guided Home Learning
Even though our buildings are closed to all but the children of key workers, school is still open. We appreciate much is being asked of parents who are themselves under pressure at this time of physical distancing and we thank you for your support and patience. The below guide is designed to serve as a one-stop-shop for the tools and practices you’ll need for Guided Home Learning (GHL).
For information about your daughter’s year, please click on the relevant buttons below. Different age-appropriate platforms are used for different year groups, however, Teams is used for Form Time communication for all year groups from Reception to Y6.
Early Years (Nursery and Reception)
Tapestry is the main platform for Nursery and Reception.
SeeSaw is the main platform for girls in Years 1 to 3 except that they will have form time via Teams.
Girl in Years 4-6 are using Teams for form time (as per all girls from Reception upwards) but also for their assignments, except for Maths which is delivered through Century.
Century for Maths
What will my daughter need?
- Access to their class ‘Maths Team’ on Microsoft Teams.
- An internet enabled device using an up-to-date version of Chrome or Safari for CENTURY.
- Pen and paper for notes and workings out.
- Girls will need to visit the CENTURY website and enter their login details – this is their school email address and the password, which is currently set for all girls as: schs.
- Once they have logged in, they can go to the user profile area and change their password. They should write-down and tell a parent their password.
Pastoral Care & Online Portal
A message for Girls
Parents Pastoral Guide
How to relax – 8 relaxation tips for your mental health
Coronavirus – A Book for Children (by Elizabeth Jenner, Kate Wilson & Nia Roberts – Illustrated by Axel Scheffler)